We, the People: Indivisible!
Indivisible Alabama is a non-partisan progressive movement that uses grassroots activism and direct action to affect change.
To be indivisible, we must be united. We need you.
We want to demystify our elected leaders and build a vibrant community of angelic troublemakers. We are asking ALL progressive groups and individuals to unite and join Indivisible Alabama. We must be organized across the state to challenge the Trump agenda. We want to do two big things better:
- Demystify congressional advocacy. We get hundreds of questions every day about what Congress is doing, how to organize locally (see the toolkit!), and how to advocate in different situations. We’re going to start sending out timely updates and resources on what’s going on in Congress and how you can best organize, make your voice heard, and influence your members of Congress.
- Support the community of local groups putting the Indivisible Guide into action. We want to provide shared tools to help groups organize events, communicate with each other, and share best practices and resources. This also means spotlighting local successes and supporting a sense of a shared purpose. You can see that shared purpose already forming—just look at this beautiful movement on Rachel Maddow.
We make a conscious effort to reach out to a diverse group of people. Women, immigrants, Muslim, African American, Latinx, and LGBTQ communities, as well as people of different incomes and education levels, health and disability statuses, and ages, are some examples of those whose engagement and leadership are especially valuable and needed in this work. This can also be particularly meaningful for those of us who identify across these categories. Resistance needs solidarity to succeed.
Why Join Indivisible Alabama?
Together, we are more powerful than apart. Joining Indivisible Alabama gives you:
- access to funding sources
- access to strategic planning resources
- access to candidate training and grassroots education
- access to planning tools to help you plan your actions
- access to collaborate with a network of Indivisible activists across Alabama
We cannot afford to be fragmented. Our unity is our strength. Join your local Indivisible Alabama district: